I understand that a strong education system plays a critical role in our ability to attract jobs and investment to Arizona.
Educational attainment is the foundational driver of our future economy.
As your State Senator, I will work with the education and business community to support pathways of opportunity so our students are equipped with the skills necessary to succeed in the workforce.
- ALL schools – my children attend both Gilbert District and Charter schools
- School choice – parents understand the individual needs of their child and I believe they should be able to choose the best available option for that child
- Increasing education funding
- Properly funding teachers to ensure we're able to attract and retain quality teachers
- More resources going to students and teachers in the classroom
- Early Childhood education and Career and Technical education
- Governor Doug Ducey's 20x2020 plan – 20% increase in teacher pay without raising taxes
- Proposition 301 extension – protects $667 million a year in education funding for an additional 20 years
- Funding and expansion of institutions like EVIT and in school CTE programs – these programs not only fulfill the need for a skilled workforce, but more importantly, they provide students with the skills needed to enter the workforce and achieve a high quality of life